Long Island Parent will take over in March for Newsday’s Parents & Children,which stopped publication last December. The new magazine will target Nassau and Suffolk parents of children from birth through age 16 and provide them with news and information pertaining to bringing up children on Long Island.
- Dedicated to providing Nassau and Suffolk parents of children birth through age 16 with the information you need to help raise your children.
- Each issue contains advice from local experts,original award-winning editorial,a comprehensive events calendar,community resources and family activities.
- Comprehensive articles written by Long Island journalists,parents and experts.
- Emphasis on supporting and promoting the work of local organizations that benefit our Long Island children and families.
- For by and about Long Island moms and dads.
2009 Editorial Calendar
March/April: Camps,parties and spring
May/June: Parties,health and summer fun
July: Family Resource Directory
Aug/Sept: Back-to-school,green living,fall fun
Oct/Nov: Halloween,special needs,taking care of you
Dec/Jan: Holiday and winter activities,gift guide,preschools
55,000 copies distributed free to over 1,300 Long Island locations,from Eastern Queens to Montauk. To learn of a location near you or to request delivery of the magazine to your site or event,please contact us at [email protected] You can also have it delivered to your home.